Dodger's Story

Born in 1987 and then surviving an incredible 18 years with a pack of humans, I learned a great deal about co-existing with mankind. Despite the abscence of my physical form, my spirit brings insights from the cosmos about 'stuff' that could be useful for even the most casual reader.


Dodger's Cosmic Scuttlebutt

Dodger's Cosmic Scuttlebutt

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dog Drool

Dog drool, now that's something that most of you have been salivating to know more about. Okay, I'm sure this seems like a topic lacking in overall cosmic significance for my first communique with humanity. But this spontaneous viscous material has more relevance to your life than you might be giving adequate attention. Drool is visual. It immediately stimulates emotions in others. It may even be on par with the emotional consequence of seeing elderly people naked. It's creates, without much needed assistance, a visceral response. Generally, what I heard throughout my entire tenure on earth was "Yuck!" Usually repeated in a barrage of exclamations from my pack members hoping that one of their other numbers would be cleaning the stuff up.

For most canines it is your immediate visual cue that we're thinkin' about food. Not always, though. Sometimes, especially if you're a Newfoundland, the stuff just leaks out continuously. No kidding, those dudes could definitely use a lip tuck. I once overheard a story told to my Big Guy (my alpha pack leader) about another pet owner that had Newfoundland drool on the ceiling over their two-story spiral staircase. "Yuck!" Is that really possible?

I'm telling you those dudes at corporate R & D departments are actively researching on how dog drool can be incorporated in helping to save our planet. So, the new green idea their looking into is how harvesting Dog Drool can be utilized as natural engine lubricant to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. I think it would only take maybe 10 or 15 Newfoundlands and we could be totally green in this regard. Just think what revenues their pet owners would reap.

Actually, my belief is that those folks that make paper towels conspired to mutate the saliva dog gene to create copious amounts of Dog Drool as a method of peaking stockholders' dividends. Most dog owners have a less than gentle manner when it comes to wiping drool from the corners of our lips. Yet, I have to admit that having one of those clear slimy shoelaces hanging down, nearly in contact with the floor, would usually spur one of my family members to a none-to-gentle facial cleaning to this once earthly inhabitant.

Obviously your question to this oh-so-wise cosmic entity is how do you stop this dog stuff from gushing like the flood waters of the Mississippi. My honest answer to your desperate question is, you don't. It's like flatulence. You're gonna have both if you're a dog owner whether you wanted it or not. Good thing we have such soulful brown eyes to melt you with, otherwise you might not ever let us enter your den to lick the leftover stuff off your fingers.

Okay, gotta go, there's some new comet blasting across a neighboring galaxy that I want to check out and get there before Albert or Isaac beats me to it.-Dodger

No comments:

Post a Comment